Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Amigas


We both grew up in the same building and knew each other forever, but we did not hang out until we were older. I am 3 years older than her.   When we started "hangin" it was love at first hang…..  We had a connection, a bond that could never be broken.  Several years later, that bond was tested.

We met this guy at the same time.  We both thought "hmmmm" he was fine!  She was connected at the time, but I was not.  After a few months of knowing this guy, I asked my girl "what are your plans with this guy, because I like him and want to date him."  Oh, I forgot to mention, he rapped to the both of us!  I do remember her saying "go for it.

Needless to say, I went for it.  Oh my God I fell hard.  I fell and bumped my head is what I did.  My friend became very upset with me and did not speak to me for a one year.  After a year my girl and I started "hangin" but it was not the same.  I was still dating and living with the guy.

The guy and I lived together, with my son, for 3 years.  Then he thought he was too cute and I had to throw his ass out (that's another article called "How to Throw Him Out In Style".)  We kept seeing each other, because we could not let the relationship go.  Even my son was attached to him.

But then I found out, he was "hangin" with my girl!  I almost had a coronary attack.  I waited for her in front of the building we both grew up in and we were still living in.  To our defense, we were still young and finding our way.  We did not fight, because she had enough sense to walk away.  I am very grateful for that… to this day.  Again, we did not speak for a year.

A year later, I had moved on and was dating someone else.  When on my way home at 7:30 am, hoping no one sees me, still dressed in my Friday night dancing clothes with smeared make up on my face…..Who  do I see in the elevator?  My friend, my homegirl, my sister, whom I missed so much! I started to laugh I uncontrollably; she said "what's so funny?"  I said "hi friend." We have never been apart since.

I am talking 20+ years of this incident and we are still together.  We talked about what happened later and we decided to fully forgive, put the entire situation behind us and never look back.  That is exactly what we did.  We mutually agreed on forgiveness and leaving the past in the past.

We chose our friendship and committed to it, that is why we won!!!

Amiga Marilyn


1 comment:

  1. I read this post wide eyed and wanting pop-corn!! Love it.

    When a friendship is based on mutual love, trust and respect, it can last a lifetime. When it's not, that's ok. Just means it wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete