Wednesday, June 12, 2013


What's Your Personal Payoff From Debt

OMG, how good it feels.  You feel like jumping for joy, shouting at the top of your lungs "I did it!!!".  Whoever says you will never be out of debt is lying.  You can do it.  I have put myself in the hole more than 3 times.  The hole is where you see your bank account shrinking and your credit card bill BLOATING.  I don't know about you, but money issues make me anxious.  I don't sleep at night, I become moody, I don't even want to have sex I'm so preoccupied with my money issues.  But now, BIG INHALE and BIGGER EXHALE, it is over. 

Let's face it, Amigas have to be one of the most consuming population in the World.  We buy everything.  Cars, clothes, accessories (hand bags, SHOES, belts, flowers for our hair, etc.), jewelry, toys (all kind of toys - wink wink), food, trips, housewares, furniture, I mean I can write 4 pages of what we buy.  When do we say basta.  Well, I guess that is a personal decision.  When I see myself buying out of control, not keeping a tab on what is coming in and how much is going out, then I have to pull the reigns and say "basta". 

The truth of the matter, for me, is that I rather live without things than to live with the anxiety of owing and not being able to pay.  I love money, I love to travel, I love shoes, handbags, jewelry, cars, apartments, houses, clothes, furniture, toys, flowers (for the house, for my hair, for my Amigas), but I have to be moderate.  It is not a bad thing.  Like all else in life, you have to find a balance.

Buena Suerte Amigas.

Always...Amiga Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. This is a great perspective thank you amiga!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello AMIGAS!!! We would like to THANK YOU for joining the AlwaysAmigas blog. We will be posting stories every Tuesday, so please please join and participate in reading our stories, commenting, and sharing your story.

    Our mission for creating AlwaysAmigas is a place where woman from all over the WORLD can come together and share their stories. The space emphasizes positive relationships, honoring, respeciting, and loving yourself.

    We want to hear from you. We also, want to increase our membership! Our goal is to have as many members as possible, so PLEASE, PLEASE share the AlwaysAmigas blog link with your friends. This is the very first step in what we are building together...keep tuned in. Lots of goodies will be coming!

    Thank you NYC Stylista for the first comment.

    We are having a launch party on September 19, 2013. Location and the time will be announced at a later date. I would love for each and every one of you to attend the party and bring five AMIGAS with you. I always keep my AMIGAS...no matter what!

    ReplyDelete