Tuesday, June 25, 2013


Why Cheat, Respect Yourself
Why do married women, knowingly, stay with husbands who cheat, and why do women go with men who are married?  I understand an affair, it can happen to anybody, but to stay with a man who has been unfaithful repeatedly and falls in love with other women, I don't understand that.  

Is it that women feel they will never fall in love again, or no one will ever love them again?  Listen, in order for these things to happen you have to love yourself.  Love equals respect.  If you do not respect yourself than no one will and that is why men continuously cheat.  You do it to me once shame on you but do it to me again shame on me.  It is really just that simple.

The same is true of women who fall for married guys.  Do you truly believe he is going to leave his wife for you?  Well, not that it does not happen, but why put yourself in a situation where everyone is bound to get hurt?  Do you dislike yourself that much that you will settle for anything.  So, you will get anything.

There  is a story about a snake who is hurt on the road.  A man passes by and the snake begs the man for help. The man replies "no I am not going to pick you up. You are a snake. You will bite me."  The snake "no sir I will not bite you.  I promise I will not bite you.  If you leave me here I am going to die.  Please sir, please help me."  The man picks up the snake.  The snake bites the man.  The man becoming woozy and falling to the ground tells the snake "you promised you would not bite me."  The snake replies "you knew what I was when you picked me up!"

I am not trying to be judgmental or critical.  People have been going through this since forever and will continue.  There are even songs written about the topic (Tony Vega "Ella Es")  I am truly sorry for anyone who is in this situation.  Stop ignoring the red flags.  You can get help.  See a therapist, honestly speak to your Amigas, see what comes up and take it from there.    

AlwaysAmigas,

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment