Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Timing Is Everything

HolaAmigas,

I am soooo pissed off.  Yes, Amigas, I get mad!!!  I do not get how and why Amigas/os think their time is more important than mine.

When someone is late to meet me, more than 20 minutes is late, I feel so disrespected.  It says "my time is more important than yours, you can wait."  NOOOOOOO.

I am not perfect and always on time but if I am meeting someone and am delayed I make a phone call.  If it is a group I will send a text message.  I understand technology but personal communication is the best option.

Also, a formal apology is in order if you are late.  A formal apology is not done on a text.  A formal apology is face to face contact or, at the very least, a phone call.

My son is late to every single function he is invited to.  One time he was 3 hours late to his own birthday dinner.  I was enraged.  Everyone ate, laughed, and enjoyed the evening.  Then he made his grand entrance.  NOOOOOOOO.  That is unacceptable.  Now I invite him, at least, 2 hours before the function, which is ridiculous.

Everyone's time is precious be it 5 minutes or 3 hours.  For me it is all about integrity.  If I tell you I am going to be there at 3:00 and get there at 3:05 I am late.  Therefore, I am a liar.  I understand there are unforeseen circumstances that may hold me back but I am late and have to take responsibility for the lack of respect I have for your time.  Period.  No if, ands, or buts, about it.

Check out this article at Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/psychology-lateness_n_4229057.html

Ultimately it is about you…

AmigaMarilyn

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way! It's rude and disrespectful!

    ReplyDelete