Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Light is Everywhere


Hola Amigas,

I am so sorry to be out of communication, not blogging.  I was listening to the monsters in my head telling me this is not a good idea....

Here is something extraordinary I experienced today Sunday...

Today when I awoke, a bit after 10, I turned the tv on because I did not want to get out of bed.  I watched the end of a movie "The Brass Teapot" I have never heard of before. 

My synopsis of the movie:  The teapot in the movie produces money for  the owner, but the owner is under the power of the teapot.  Many great leaders have owned, killed, and died for the teapot.  An Asian man is looking for the teapot to get rid of it because it destroyed his family.  

I have this little brass lamp in my home that I look at it as my personal Genie in a lamp.  When I turned off the tv I thought "I've got my personal lamp and Genie.  All I have to do is ask and I will receive."  I was thinking of the movie "The Secret" where the Genie appears and says "your wish is my command."  In "The Secret" it is explained that the Universe never says you have 3 wishes.  The Universe simply says "your wish is my command."

Amigas, I know I am ADD, I have 20 million thoughts and conversations in my head all the time at the same time!!!  I so can relate to Eminem/Rhianna's song "Monsters in my Head".   It is not easy being me but I LOVE myself and am surrounded by Amigas/os who love me.

I picked up my Latina magazine (I love it, I read it cover to cover every month since it's inception), started reading an article "Making It and Giving Back"  about 3 women who have done just that.  I got an "aha" moment to start a search engine "AlwaysAmigas" where women can go into to find whatever services, organizations, foundations, mentors, etc. they are looking for.  

I was so excited I could not breathe.  I knew I had to call an awesome Amiga who has been lighting the fire under me about "AlwaysAmigas".  I could not call her right away because I was getting ready to go out for a power walk on this beautiful day.  

I got my recyclables/trash and walked out the door.  As I am nearing the recycle bins I see this huge, shiny, gold (brass) lamp (people often leave stuff there).  I could not believe my eyes.  I claimed that lamp and brought it upstairs.  The message I got from the lamp:  The Universe is ALWAYS listening.  This was the way of the Universe telling me "I hear you".

The lamp works!!!  I put a light bulb on it, plugged it into the wall (waiting for it to knockout all my circuits), and then there was light.

Amigas, please share.  I rely on my Amigas to keep me going (that means you).  This is the beginning of a search engine that empowers women.

With my heart filled with Love and Awe,

AmigaMarilyn


4 comments:

  1. This is the most AMAZING AMAZING story. I love it and you can do anything you want!!!! I HEAR YOU!!! I AM STANDING FOR YOU! YOU MOVE. YOU CHANGE. YOU INSPIRE. ME.
    I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let there be light! Rock n roll, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I want to say welcome back! I've missed your posts and my bad for not letting you know sooner and give you support to come back, but I too have been listening to the voices in my head of late...the bad voices...insecure voices...that tell me all the things that are wrong with me and not any of the wonderful things I am. I also feel that the unverise has spoken through you to speak to those who need to hear your message. So from the bottom of my heart thank you for your message, it helped me remember that I'm not alone and we need to reach out to each other more frequently!! I LOVE YOU AMIGA~

    ReplyDelete