Tuesday, April 22, 2014

EARTH DAY

Today was Earth Day.

Earth Day should be everyday.

I went to Union Square Park in New York City (NYC) to enjoy the Earth Day (ED) activities with my 5 year old.  She got her face painted, got a heart balloon, planted a seed she brought home to grow.  Most importantly she got the meaning of recycling.

I try to recycle as much as I can and she helps me.  We have different canisters for glass, plastic and paper.

We met Sally who dresses in tutus, tights, and sneakers and talks to children about eating healthy.

We collected Cabot cheese, zipcar handed out seeds on a mini globe paper to plant and watch grow, www.smartsitting.com a rigorous screening process that is only passed by 7% of NYC care givers, I bought products from Spadet.  She makes all her products naturally.  I washed my hands with her soap and it was love at first touch www.spadet.com.  I had a great conversation with a young lady from The Nature Conservancy in New York about the volunteer opportunities they provide.  I got samples of organic feminine products from www.Organyc-Online.com, Honest Tea, and Angie's Boom Chicka Pop sea salt popcorn.

It was FAAAAAABULOUS.

And, of course, it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Thank You NYC for providing the space, people, and LOVE.

Always,

AmigaMarilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment