Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cheating

Hola Amigas,

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day near your loved ones.  I surely did…although on thursday morning I woke up and felt very lonely.  The Holidays will do this to you.  I was alone, my children were with their families, but I am not lonely.  There is a big difference and I had to jolt myself to remember all of my wonderful Amigas.  Including my very own Hermanita.  I give Thanks for all of them…Always.

Bueno here we go with cheating…

Today I was having a conversation with an Amiga.  I asked her "what ever happened to integrity, being on time, making that phone call in 5 minutes, being your word?"  I explained to her I feel cheated whenever someone says they are going to do something and they don't.

She then asked me "who are you cheating?"  I got it immediately.  The only person I am cheating is myself and I am trying to hold others accountable for what I am not doing.  Every time I act, or don't act, in the manner that takes me closer to my dream life I am chipping at myself.  I am cheating me. HUH…who knew.

Listen, as I have said before, no one is perfect, circumstances happen, I get that.  But what stops me from making that phone call and making something happen,  what makes me stuck in should've, could've, would've.  It's me, all me.  I am not going to beat myself up over it either.  I am just going to do it.

I am cheating myself out of the life I want and I'm not going to do it anymore!!!

I challenge you to live the life that you want…tell me how it goes.

Love,

AlwaysAmiga Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment