Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Voices

Do you ever speak to yourself?  I do it all the time.  What or who are those voices, what do they tell you, is it positive or negative, is it soothing or nerve wrecking?!?!

Well, to start off, those voices are you.  What you tell yourself is what you believe.  The best thing about talking to yourself is that you can, you have the ability to, change that chatter in your head.  It is the easiest and best thing for you to do for the betterment of your health and your life.

I have asked you to do this exercise before but we forget.  Practice is the key to changing the thoughts ruminating in your head.

Look in the mirror.  Look into your eyes and tell yourself that you love yourself.  Say your name out loud and say "I love you (your name)."  It is very important to say your name.  This way your brain and heart will acknowledge you are loving yourself.  Do this for a full minute.  Time it.

This exercise is so powerful.  Imagine walking around all day telling yourself "I love myself". You can stop all those anxiety ridden voices and say "I love myself."  Imagine what a shift that would make in your appearance, your thoughts, your outlook on the world.

Think about this:  Why do we work, eat, sleep?  Because we are taking care of our bodies and minds.  Therefore, we do love ourselves.  We take the time to tell our loved ones how much we love them.  Why not take the time to tell yourself.

As a matter of fact, get up right now, go to the bathroom, and do this exercise.

Do it and please share with us how it feels.

AlwaysAmiga,

Marilyn




1 comment:

  1. Thank you AlwaysAmiga! My original post that I poured my heart and tears into got deleted before it was uploaded so I'm going to try again!

    Thank you for this exercise! Last night I had a conversation that left me heartbroken and feeling guilty for not being a good mom. I woke up beating myself with negative thoughts and that I was no good. Of course that is not true but those voices in my head were whispering and poking at me all night and right up until I read your post on your blog!

    I went in the bathroom and repeated My name and I love you...and cried like a baby....as a child I rarely had that person who we are suppose to be able to turn to that holds you and caresses your hair and tells you it's going to be okay, I love you, you are meant for great things....well I was able to say that to the little girl cowering in the corner, give her a hug and feel much better about me!

    Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete