Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Light

We have all heard the expression "the light on the other side of the tunnel".

A very dear friend was rushed to the hospital with chest pain and shortness of breath.  After diagnosing him the doctors rushed to preform an angioplasty and place 2 stents in his arteries.  He could have had a stroke or a major heart attack.

I was very upset when I got this news.  I wanted to be by his side but he is out of the country and I have a 5 year old daughter.  I can no longer just get up and go.  That evening I could not sleep.  I had not spoken to me friend although I wanted to badly.

Since sleep was not found easily I began to meditate.  I asked for the words to say to my friend where he could hear my concerns and pleas for his life.  I heard "the voice" say to me "There is a light waiting.  Grab it and run with it.  Use the light.  It is there for you.  All you have to do is grab it."

At that moment I realized the light is in the tunnel with us.  It is up to us to grab it, run with it, and come out of that tunnel.  WOW, what a realization that was and is for me.  I have been flying high with this message because I can see how the light has always been there.  All I have had to do was grab it.

Sometimes we are so stressed or so deep into the tunnel we cannot see the light.  It is there believe me. It has never left nor will it ever leave.

There was a young lady walking down the street.  She saw a huge hole on the sidewalk.  She fell right into it even though she had seen it.  The next day she goes down the same street, seeing the same hole.  She falls right in again.  The next day the same.  The following day she she turned the corner and did not walk down the same street.

You see, we all make mistakes.  We are perfectly human.  Mistakes are lessons we need to learn to get to where it is we are going.

Stress kills.  When we worry and stress over our lives we become sick.  Disease = dis-ease, not at ease.  When we are diseased it means we are not at ease.  Not being at ease means something is bothering us within.

I become immobilized with fear when I allow any stressor to linger.  Then when I take care of it I want to smack myself because it was a simple phone call, or a conversation with someone to make arrangements.  The point being: it is always a situation I can easily take care of instead of allowing it to linger and make me diseased.

Feel and see the light.  It is always there.

AlwaysAmiga,

Marilyn

Oh, please don't forget to share with us how it works for you.

1 comment:

  1. For me seeing the light is when I stop worrying over something I have NO CONTROL Over! This is something that I've been struggling for years to overcome! But the minute I start praying, meditating and reading positive affirmations, the light goes off and just like you I have my AHA moment and I get angry at myself because this is nothing new, but the upside is that every day I try to incorporate to stay positive, let God handle what I can't control and now allow myself to remain diseased....

    Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete